HV transformers are safety-related magnetic components in the On-Board-Chargers (OBC) of electric vehicles (EVs).
Power electronic transformers are magnetic components ensuring power transmission between two electronic circuits without the need for a direct electrical connection. Power transmission is achieved though magnetic field coupling. Designing these components requires multidisciplinary skills including power electronics, electromagnetics, thermal management, and materials science. At Schaffner, we can support our customers in the design and manufacture of best-in-class transformers for their OBC systems.
- Tailored solutions for customer electrical specifications and mechanical environments
- Highly specialized simulation and optimization tools
- High density transformers > 40 kW / liters
- Integrated resonant inductors or high leakage solutions for LLC topologies
- Internal testing capabilities