We have a challenging vacancy for a Products Engineer to join our innovative Electrical Department in our Automotive Division.
As Electrical Product Engineer you are accountable for the product development and continuous improvement of our new EMI filter technology and magnetic components (common mode chokes, inductors, transformers, low frequency antennas) for automotive applications (traction inverters, DC/DC, OBCs) as well as for the participation in regulatory, quality and compliance initiatives.
Our Electrical Product Engineer will be involved in product development projects during the RFI and RFQ phases and actively contribute to the industrialisation of Schaffner core products until SOP by supporting the process and production teams.
This is a hands-on position for a motivated engineer and talented innovator.
We need you
- Electrical/magnetic/thermal design of EMI filters and magnetic components (common mode chokes, inductors, transformers, low frequency antennas) from RFI and RFQ
- Follow and actively support the process and production teams (Switzerland, Thailand, China) during the industrialization process until SOP (EMI filters and magnetic components)
- Design products and product modifications with sound engineering principles to meet customer technical specifications
- Support current products in terms of quality, manufacturing, supply continuity and cost improvementy
- Coordinate activities in a test lab environment including equipment design, test plan development, prototype builds, data collection, evaluation of hardware and data, and create technical reports to summarize findings
- Plan, support, and report EMC pre-compliance tests according to the automotive standards (e.g., CISPR25, CEVT, TL81000, LV123, ECE-R10, ISO 10605)
- Supervise early prototyping phases (A-phase) and engineering validation tests (EV)
- Collaborate with the mechanical development and compliance & validation teams, as well as manufacturing on projects of varying complexity to ensure their success
- Creating and updating technical documentation and engineering specifications for development projects
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- >5 years’ experience in design of electromagnetic products (EMI filters, magnetic components)
- Professional experience in the automotive industry with knowledge of automotive regulations and the APQP process would be of great advantage
- Sound experience in PCB design (Altium)
- Experience with lab equipment for components characterization (impedance analyzer, VNA, EMI receiver, Oscilloscope)
- Familiar with simulation tools (LTspice, f.e.m.m., Matlab, Ansys)
- Solid understanding of production and quality processes
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct technical tasks to solve engineering problems using strong analytical and experimental skills
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English
Salary & Insurances
We believe in fair remuneration in line with the market. With a variable performance-related bonus, everyone participates in our success. We provide our own solid pension fund. Personal accident and health insurance provides peace of mind in case the unthinkable ever happens.
Flexible Working Hours
We operate a flexible working model based on a 40-hour week with hours calculated on an annual basis.
6 weeks of vacation applies to everyone so that we can recharge our batteries and find new inspiration. In addition, we enjoy 12.5 work-free days as public holidays.
We encourage lifelong learning and provide employees with targeted support for their individual training needs.
Health & Fitness
Our workplaces offer height-adjustable desks in rooms flooded with light. We have a fitness subscription, support company sports activities, hold skiing and hiking days and support those who bike to work.
We are committed to hybrid working from home or on the road. A modern IT infrastructure ensures we are ready to support new ways of working.
Operating flexible working hours, working part-time or from home, we ensure the work-life balance is respected.
We are ambitious. We are driven by delivering best-in-class solutions to meet the needs of our customers. Talented people work with passion, heart and soul to make this happen.
Diverse and International Working Environment
Headquartered in Switzerland with locations worldwide, we embrace our diversity, multi-culturalism, and the potential for inter-cultural exchange. Fresh perspectives and insights bring us closer and make us stronger.
Our global reach yet convenient size makes it easy to meet and build strong professional and personal connections.
Our people, their unique personalities, perspectives, and insights create the face of Schaffner to the world.
Region of Solothurn
Living and working near a small urban town.
The region has much to offer from hiking and biking on the local mountain, enjoying the finer things in life and partying in the old town to jogging along the river.
It is a brand-new day.
Start a new beginning with us.