We need you
- Contribute to the research and development of new concepts, technologies, applications, products and processes
- Design EMI filters and magnetic components (common mode chokes, inductors, transformers, low frequency antennas) from RFI to SOP
- Create, validate and/or improve products by developing studies and tests, analyzing the results, making recommendations and writing reports based on technical principles
- Point of contact for customer technical inquires
- Development and validation of models/tools (electrical, magnetic and thermal) of Schaffner core business products (EMI filter and magnetic components)
- Assist in troubleshooting on new products/process problems as related to design
- Plan, support, and report EMC pre-compliance tests according to the automotive standards (e.g., CISPR25, CEVT, TL81000, LV123, ECE-R10, ISO 10605…)
- Collaborate with the mechanical development, compliance and validation teams, as well as manufacturing on projects of varying complexity to ensure their success
- Prepare standard reports/documentation to communicate results to technical community
- Master degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Strong understanding of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) principles
- Proven track record in simulation and design of EMI filters and magnetic components
- Experience with simulation and design tools (LTspice, f.e.m.m., Matlab, Ansys, Altium Designer)
- Knowledge of analog electronics is an asset
- Curiosity and the drive to discover new things
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and the capacity to plan, implement and successfully complete complex long-term projects independently and with initiative
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English
Salary & Insurances
We believe in fair remuneration in line with the market. With a variable performance-related bonus, everyone participates in our success. We provide our own solid pension fund. Personal accident and health insurance provides peace of mind in case the unthinkable ever happens.
Flexible Working Hours
We operate a flexible working model based on a 40-hour week with hours calculated on an annual basis.
6 weeks of vacation applies to everyone so that we can recharge our batteries and find new inspiration. In addition, we enjoy 12.5 work-free days as public holidays.
We encourage lifelong learning and provide employees with targeted support for their individual training needs.
Health & Fitness
Our workplaces offer height-adjustable desks in rooms flooded with light. We have a fitness subscription, support company sports activities, hold skiing and hiking days and support those who bike to work.
We are committed to hybrid working from home or on the road. A modern IT infrastructure ensures we are ready to support new ways of working.
Operating flexible working hours, working part-time or from home, we ensure the work-life balance is respected.
We are ambitious. We are driven by delivering best-in-class solutions to meet the needs of our customers. Talented people work with passion, heart and soul to make this happen.
Diverse and International Working Environment
Headquartered in Switzerland with locations worldwide, we embrace our diversity, multi-culturalism, and the potential for inter-cultural exchange. Fresh perspectives and insights bring us closer and make us stronger.
Our global reach yet convenient size makes it easy to meet and build strong professional and personal connections.
Our people, their unique personalities, perspectives, and insights create the face of Schaffner to the world.
Region of Solothurn
Living and working near a small urban town.
The region has much to offer from hiking and biking on the local mountain, enjoying the finer things in life and partying in the old town to jogging along the river.
It is a brand-new day.
Start a new beginning with us.