Environment, Health and Safety
Imperative to provide safe working environments
The Schaffner Group is committed to high standards on environmental, health and safety (EHS) issues and understanding the direct or indirect impact of its business activities. We feel an ethical imperative to provide safe working conditions for our employees and for the protection of the environment.
- Environmental, health and safety issues play a vital role in strategic decisions and business activities.
- With our product and service provision we enable energy efficient customer applications and focus on minimal use of resources considering a life cycle perspective.
- To minimize the environmental impact of our production processes, we ensure the efficient use of energy, make optimal use of materials and put emphasis on phasing out environmentally harmful materials.
- We proactively promote health and safety of our employees by systematic analysis and continual improvement of the work environment. The ROFO principle encourages a mindset of safety awareness and continuous learning to further enhance our safe working conditions.
- We are committed to continual improvement of our EHS management system to enhance its performance in pursuit of excellence. Schaffner complies with the requirements of internationally recognized EHS standards and applicable legal requirements, regulations and guide lines.